With three days to go before our Annual 7/8 Grade Harbor Overnight, and over a month gone since the beginning of school, it would appear that time has fully taken over our school year. We're getting older quickly - 24 hours older every day. One of my many mentors once told me to remember to take a moment to reflect on whether we're achieving our goals of connecting with others, of growing and of learning. The school honeymoon is over, and now we're in the middle of the good stuff - like how we react when life gets hard. Are we searching for strategies to cope and grow from risk-taking and failure? When we succeed, do we look at how we got there, so it can be repeated?
Deep questions....one answer is to prepare well for the choir overnight. Here's your OVERNIGHT CHECK LIST:
- Have my parents and I turned in all necessary paperwork to Profe?
- Have my parents and I turned in any medication to Ms. Galit Cohen (nurse)?
- Do I have everything I need from the BELOW packing list? (Including, sun screen, day pack, sack lunch and healthy snack, water bottle, sleeping bag and pillow)?
- Do I remember that my cell phone must stay in my bag at all times unless Profe gives permission otherwise?
- Do I remember what time I'm supposed to arrive at school on Thursday, Oct 6? - 6:45am
- Do I remember what time I'm likely to arrive at LMS on Friday, Oct 7? -
3:15pm (well before school is over).
Also, please remember to check the weather forecast often. Highs on Thursday in the mountains may not make it out of the 40's! Pack layers!
Check out the below packing list and we'll see you tomorrow!