Every year, at our annual choir fundraiser, we take aim at finding a creative way to express ourselves musically. This year we’ve taken a literary approach. Each choir class faces the challenge of creating a production of a children’s book; thus, the concert name, A Harbor Story. This includes composing incidental music- melodic themes that will occur/reoccur throughout the performance of a book to enhance characters, scenes and moments. The process and the product are student-composed, student-arranged, student-directed, and student-performed.
Our purpose is twofold: to grow in understanding of the process of music composition and to raise money to continue building our instrumentarium and music library. Last year we were able to purchase three acoustic guitars, a drum set, an electric guitar, and the talents of educators Ed Contreras and Paul Cribari during our Choir Overnight.
As a side note, due to 50% less rehearsal time because of their every-other-day schedule, the 6th Grade performance will be comparatively smaller (though no less important) than that of the 7th/8th Grade performances. This work will focus on turning a shorter children’s book into one piece of music.
Below you’ll find information regarding Harbor Story. We look forward to seeing you at our annual fundraiser concert! As always, please email or call if you have any questions regarding the concert.
Harbor Story details...
What: A Harbor Story - Choir Fundraiser Concert
Who: All 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Choirs (not Harbor Sound)
When: February 23 and 24 (Thursday and Friday)
- 6th Grade periods 1 and 2 ODD will perform ONLY on Feb 23
- 6th Grade periods 1 and 2 EVEN will perform ONLY on Feb 24
- 7/8 Grade periods 3 and 5 will perform on Feb 23*.
- 7/8 Grade periods 6 and 7 will perform on Feb 24*.
- *PLEASE NOTE that all four 7/8 Grade Choirs (periods 3,5,6,7) may still perform on both nights, as we’re in the process of calculating the length of each performance.
Where: LMS Auditorium
Tickets: Tickets will be available on Revtrak SOON.
$10 for adults and $5 for students (Some scholarships available)
- Initially, tickets will be limited to 3/household. Then, with one week remaining, we’ll open up remaining ticket sales to unlimited/household.
- If your child attends periods 1 or 2 ODD, period 3, or period 5, and you would like to see your child on stage, please purchase tickets for the Thursday, February 23 show.
- If your child attends periods 1 or 2 EVEN, period 6, or period 7, and you would like to see your child on stage, please purchase tickets for the Friday, February 24 show.