Sitting here on the couch after a good doctor scoped my knee and repaired my ACL last Friday... The nurses joked prior that my best sleep in months was about to be injected into a vein above my elbow. Yes it was...and I'm no less thankful for my two daughters. It was just nice. I told my wife she ought to consider surgery for a nice break from teething scream-a-thons.
In other news... the LMS Winter Choir Concert is right around the corner. Below you'll find a complete guide to extra rehearsal times, concert times, uniform requirements, and a blurb about what you might see during the concert. Please read the information below carefully, as there are a lot of details within. As always, please don't hesitate to email or call with any questions.
LMS WINTER CHOIR CONCERT SCHEDULE & INFO
- 7th/8th Grade Combined Rehearsal - Monday, Dec. 7th, 7am, LMS Auditorium
This is our one and only rehearsal that brings together all three choir classes.
Every choir member is expected to be there. Please arrive between 6:50-6:55am.
- 7th/8th Grade Winter Choir Concert - Thursday, Dec 10th, 7:30pm, LMS Aud.
- UNIFORM - Choir T-Shirt, blue Jeans (no rips, no skinny jeans), no shoes, no socks (arrive in shoes or sandals). The LMS Choir T-shirt (uniforms) are in! Students will be receiving them at the end of our first week back after Thanksgiving.
- ARRIVAL TIME - 7th/8th Graders should be dropped off between 7pm and 7:05pm and go directly to the Harbor Choir Room.
- STUDENTS- NO CELL PHONES or GUM - before, during, orafter the concert.
- AUDIENCE (Family, Friends) - The concert is free and generally packed to the gills. Please feel free to arrive 30 minutes before the concert. (Doors will open as soon as the 6th Grade concert is done). Generally the concert lasts 45 minutes.
- What to expect from the concert - First of all, you'll see students who own the music they've learned, created, arranged and rehearsed. Some of the music is composed, some of it is improvised, some of it is arranged, and all of it is owned by the children. You'll see singing, playing, dancing and acting. You'll see kids take the risk of bearing their heart and soul in front of their peers and in front of the audience. Most importantly, you'll see a snapshot of the daily going-ons of our Harbor Classroom, where we learn when to blend in and when to stand out through passion, professionalism, respect and artistry.
See you there!
P.S. - Be sure to check back on the Gallery Page of the LMSperformingarts.org website for a soon-to-be uploaded slide-show of the Choir Overnight.